Copper Knee Compression Sleeve
Copper knee compression sleeve is made from the fabric that contain copper, which is normally copper fiber infused into the fabric material. Pending on the infusing technique, the amount or content of copper gets infused into the fabric varies. Due to the breakable nature of copper element, there is an upper limit of copper that can be infused without causing the fabric to break under pressure (compression). Most copper knee compression sleeves on the market claim as high as 88% copper content. That is a complete misleading statement because what is claimed is actually the percentage of fabric being infused with copper, not how much copper itself in the fabric.
Benefits of Copper Knee Compression Sleeve
1. Improves blood circulation
Compression can help increase the blood flow to the knee area. Knee compression sleeves will keep your knee warm even in the very cold weather. When the temperature increases, the vessels also dilate, allowing for more blood to flow through the knee. Increased blood flow can greatly help healing arthritis, knee pain, impact injuries and swelling.
2.Provides compression and support
Compression therapy has been popularly used for medical conditions such as the osteoarthritis syndrome. Wearing a knee compression sleeve can provide the much-needed support and therapeutic warmth for the knee. This makes you feel more comfortable and get through your routine without limitations.
3. Protects and prevents knee injuries
Wearing a compression knee sleeve can help prevent injuries, support an injured knee, and prevent future injuries. Compression knee sleeves can provide support to your knee wile still allow flexibility in bending or moving your knee. If you play basketball, soccer or do weightlifting, it is worth considering getting a new pair of knee sleeves to avoid sports-related injuries.
4. Prevents muscle soreness and stiffness and helps in muscle recovery
If you are suffering from weak or aching knees, arthritis and repetitive injuries among others, you could benefit from wearing knee sleeves. Compression knee sleeves can help in pain relief and muscle recovery as the sleeves promote for better blood circulation.
5. Copper anti-
Copper’s anti-bacterial and anti-odor properties can date back thousands of years. Along with its disinfecting effect, copper has been widely applied to fabric in helping pain management and wound healing. Copper knee compression sleeves do help in relieving knee pain of arthritis.
How to Choose a Copper Knee Compression Sleeve
Here are some of the things you need to consider before deciding on which copper knee sleeves to buy:
- Copper Rich: To be effective, the copper sleeves have to be truly copper rich. Since copper is a soft metal element and easily breakable under certain pressure, it is very critical to control the copper content in a compression sleeve. A 25% copper is believed to be the upper limit in a mild to moderate compression fabric.
- Graduate Compression: As determined by the breakable nature of copper, a copper sleeve cannot have too much compression. A moderate compression copper sleeve that generates slow but graduate compression will give the maximum benefit of copper and compression.
- Breathable: Copper itself has some effect in eliminating odor, but not enough if used for longer period. A copper sleeve made from breathable fabric can evaporate sweat to create the “cooling” effect and thus is comfortable to wear. What we did is by adding the “moisture-wicking” polyester into the fabric to make the sleeves more breathable.
- Lightweight Longer Wear: To get the full benefit, a copper compression sleeve needs to be worn longer, so a lightweight breathable copper sleeve that can be worn under clothes all day long is a good choice to go.